When it comes to supporting the body to heal naturally, the best strategy to start with for almost everyone is intestinal cleansing.
Health conscious people have been practicing intestinal cleansing all the way back to ancient Egypt. More recently 100s of medical doctors who studied the power of cleansing in the early 1900s found that it can help to body heal faster than any other treatment. Their findings can be summarized in this quote:
“If people would take care of their body and cleanse their colon and intestines, their problems would be pretty much eliminated.” –Dr. George C. Crile
It’s important to keep the intestines clean for two reasons
First, the small intestine needs to be free of mucoid plaque so that we can absorb the nutrients from the foods we eat. Mucoid plaque is a dense rubber like substance that develops from eating acid forming foods like fried foods, red meat, dairy products and foods made with white flour. Over time this plaque becomes lodged on the walls of the small intestine and prevents vitamins and minerals from being absorbed. If you’ve ever taken a high quality vitamin supplement and gotten poor results, it may be because your small intestine has too much plaque in it to allow the vitamins to be absorbed.
The second reason is that the colon, or large intestine, must be strong and clean for vibrant health. The colon eliminates up to 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) of bacteria and undigested food from our bodies everyday. As long as it functions well, harmful toxins and bacteria are removed from the body before they can cause problems. But if it becomes sluggish or even partially blocked, these toxins remain in the body and can lead to health problems.
How to know if you need an intestinal cleanse
It’s been estimated that 90% of the people in the US have partially clogged colons. If your diet has included large amounts of meat, dairy products and breads you may be among this 90%.
Some health complaints associated with a sluggish colon and blocked intestine are:
- Low energy for no apparent reason
- Allergies or intolerances to certain foods
- Skin disorders like acne, itching, eczema, dark circles under the eyes…
- Constipation, diarrhea, slow digestion
- Frequent colds, infections or headaches
- General aches and pains that migrate from on place to another
- Regular gas, bloating or bad breath
The good news is that these conditions can be improved if not reversed through conscious intestinal cleansing.
And even if you don’t have any of these symptoms you can avoid them by making intestinal cleansing a priority in your life.
How to cleanse your intestines
There are four major ways to cleanse your intestinal system.
- Water therapies include enemas, colemas and colonics. They are a good starting point, but leave deeper layers of mucoid plaque untouched.
- Cleansing diets involve eating higher amounts of fiber and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. On a cleansing diet you also eliminate most processed foods. This type of cleansing can be done long term and usually has good results since it helps you permanently change unhealthy eating habits.
- Fasting, including juice fasting, is a great way to give the entire body a quick boost. Fasting works so well because the body can direct more of its energy to health and healing when it is not digesting solid foods.
- Herbal cleansing is the most comprehensive type of intestinal cleansing because the herbs work to get mucoid plaque out at the same time that they help the body regenerate vital organs like the kidney and liver.
What are the health benefits of cleansing?
There are many benefits people report after the complete a quality intestinal cleanse. Here are a few of the most common ones.
- Quick and easy weight loss – average of 5kg (10 lbs.) up to 18kg (40 lbs.)
- Relief of constipation and restoration of regularity
- Smoother digestion
- Disappearing acne, rashes, dry skin, eczema, moles, freckles and other skin problems related to toxicity
- Softer skin, improved skin tone, reduced sun sensitivity, fading of age spots and liver spots
- Shinier thicker fuller hair, elimination of dandruff
- Brighter, clearer eyes and sharper vision
- Relief of headaches – including migraines
- Relief of asthma symptoms
- Reduction or elimination of food allergies
- Relief of arthritis and joint pain
- Increased stamina and vitality
- Smoother muscle action and greater agility
- Needing less sleep
- Elimination of food cravings
- Clearer thinking and sharper mental focus
- Elimination of depression
- Heightened intuition
I could continue the list, but I’d like to let one cleanser share his own experience:
“I see things coming out that look like from another planet and I can simply not believe that I have been hosting this stuff for so long, 52 years! The cleanse has been of all the incredible things I have done in my life, one of the land mark changes in my life concerning food and the way I have been living up till now. It’s part of a process of letting go of the past and being refreshed to the new, because internally and very physically I feel absolutely new. I lost 13 kilos and am eating much cleaner than I have ever done before. When I look at bread for example, I know that it will create more plaque in my intestinal tract. The old lifestyle and old attitudes I have had about myself I see are very related to food. Everything is connected. Once the intestine is cleansed a new beginning can unfold. And still after 50 days the plaque has not ceased to be released. It looks like I will do another 10 days! I will keep going with this fasting/cleansing until all is released.” Peter Gordon, Massage Therapist, Vienna Austria
Where to start
Many people ask me to recommend a cleanse that they can start with. I have two recommendations.
1. For a ready made effective and safe herbal intestinal cleanse, I recommend that you try an “Ultimate Cleanse” kit. I’ve recommended it for years and anyone can do it. Click here for full details…
2. To discover all the strategies for intestinal cleansing that I personally use and to learn how to make your own homemade herbal colon cleanses, I recommend that you pick my complete home study system for colon cleansing, “Homemade Colon Cleansing Made Easy.” Click here for all the details…
Whatever you choose, remember the words of health pioneer professor Arnold Ehret:
“Dis-ease symptoms are an effort of the body to eliminate waste, mucus and toxemia. Not the dis-ease but the body is to be healed; it must be cleansed, freed from waste and foreign matter, from mucus and toxemia- accumulated since childhood.”