These days there is a lot of talk and more than a little bit of hype about internal cleansing and detoxification. In this article I want to clarify what internal cleansing is, identify the types of cleansing and give you an idea of where to start.
The first thing to understand about cleansing and detoxification is that it’s something that the body does everyday, all day long. The body is perfectly designed to eliminate toxins and unusable substances on its own.
The major cleaning organs of the body are the lungs, the liver, the kidneys, the colon and the skin. When these organs are working at their best, radiant health naturally follows. However, over time, they can start to function poorly, which opens the door for disease.
There are three major factors that determine how well the 5 organs of elimination work. First is the quality of the air you breathe, the water you drink and the food you eat. If any of these is contaminated with chemicals like chlorine and pesticide residues or pollution like dust and carbon, you put extra stress on these organs. Second is the quantity and type of food you eat. The organs of elimination do best with simple whole fresh foods eaten in small quantities. Finally there is the question of exercise. All internal systems work better when you get plenty of exercise.
Simply changing these 3 elements will help your body detox naturally. It can also help to regenerate and restore your organs. And that’s where internal cleansing starts – with changing any habits that interfere with the function of the lungs, liver, kidneys, skin and colon.
Here are 7 things you can do to support these organs.
- Practice deep breathing – yoga and chigong are two traditional disciplines that can help you learn how to do this.
- Take liver cleansing herbs such as dandelion and milk thistle.
- Drink 1 oz. fresh parsley juice to cleanse the kidneys.
- Practice skin brushing and stop using any chemical soaps and lotions on your skin.
- Complete a cleansing program that addresses you colon health.
- Change your diet to include mostly fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Learn to fast regularly – this gives your body a chance to regenerate.
There is no doubt that the range of potential health benefits is broad and impressive when you learn to care for internal systems of your body.
For beginners I recommend starting with a complete program that teaches you how to change your diet and slowly add herbs that will help restore the function of the internal cleansing organs. The two I recommend are:
Have a great day!