Using Raw Foods To Treat Allergies
One of the things that really worked for me to improve my allergies was to start eating a diet based on raw foods. Since being on 90% raw food I’ve noticed that my sensitivity to dust, weeds and pollens is much less than it used to be.
The top allergy causing foods are (in order):
- Milk and other dairy products
- Peanuts and tree nuts
- Fish and shellfish
- Wheat (especially processed wheat)
In addition to eating a high percentage of fresh fruits and vegetables, taking the following steps will also help to reduce allergies.
- Replace all dairy products with nut milks, coconut yogurt and nut cheeses. If you have allergies to nuts, then use avocados and cold pressed oils.
- Replace wheat products with dehydrated seed crackers, cookies and breads.
- Eliminate processed sugar. This includes high fructose corn syrup, which is highly toxic. Read labels – even if it says “organic.” Learn to make your own condiments such as ketchup, mustard and mayo.
- Eat Organic. Limit exposure to pesticides and chemical fertilizers. This is particularly important for children. If you can’t get organic make sure to wash all vegetables and fruits and peel fruits with thin skins such as apples. This is a list of non-organic foods with the most and least pesticides
Foods With Most Pesticides:
- Sweet bell peppers
- Imported grapes
Foods with Least Pesticides
- Sweet corn
- Sweet peas